Friday, November 18, 2005

A contest!: How to Make a Cigarette Lighter - The Hip-hop way

Okay, so clearly MacGyver has influenced countless people, and evidently that includes underground hip-hop artists. Here's a lyric from some rapper named Ras Kass that details a MacGyverism:

“Mama don’t cry/Don’t worry ’bout me/As you can see/I’m actually better than before/Live wire: motherfuckin’ survivor/Fuckin’ MacGyver/Give me some toilet paper/Three pencil leads/I’ll make a cigarette lighter.”

–Ras Kass, “Shine”

Okay, perhaps, I'm dense, but how does one get fire from graphite and tissue?

Doesn't matter- I'm challenging all you rhythmically gifted people to post your own MacGyverism rap. It needs to explain how to make something and rhyme. The prize: well, if I get at least twenty entries--which I highly doubt--I'll send the winner a copy of my book. Email your entries, or just a post a comment to this thread. Whatever.



Enjoy.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa. This blog ROCKS. I looked at it a loong time ago, but completely forgot it existed. I hope you update soon!!!

Aaaaah. I can't rap. I seriously tried. I'm sorry.

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PLEASE update! I LOVE this site soo much.

:-D SMILE!

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.priceless.com/film/worldpremiere.html

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo macgyver/u want a lighter?/give me a bag of water n some tinder fungus/roll the bag of water into a ball let the sun go through the ball/into the little pitfall/

and there you have it,just put the cigarette near the fire and wait yo desire.

JA MATA!!!

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please come back!!!I miss your entries!!!

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Macgiver He took a srew driver And a fire And make a frier

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home